Coronary Care Unit
Hollywood Private Hospital's Coronary Care Unit is a high care environment which investigates and treats chronic and acute cardiac disease.
The unit is supported by a 24 hour on-call team to ensure accurate coronary syndromes can be treated at any time.
Tests available to patients include electrocardiography, echocardiogram, myocardial perfusion scan, cardiac MRI and CT angiogram.
Procedures conducted in the Coronary Care Unit include:
- Direct current cardioversion
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram
- Elective and acute percutaneous coronary intervention balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- Closure of patent foramen ovale
- Valvuloplasty and catheter ablation
Hollywood Private Hospital has the ability to undertake invasive haemodynamic monitoring, inotropic support, non-invasive ventilation and intra-aortic balloon pumping as required.
To view the list of cardiologists working at Hollywood Private Hospital, click here.