Mr Eric Slimani is a Cardiothoracic surgeon who specializes to the surgical management of intrathoracic diseases and abnormalities heart and the great vessels, the lungs and trachea, the oesophagus, the diaphragm and chest wall. As a Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr Slimani focuses on high-risk, high-precision procedures that have the potential to transform lives for patients with heart and lung diseases.
- Bilateral internal mammary artery coronary bypass grafting
- Complex valvular surgery
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery
- Aortic surgery (David produce, aortic arch surgery)
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (transfemoral, transapical, transaortic)
- Mechanical circulatory support
- Heart and lung Transplantation.
Background & Training
- University of Adelaide (MB, BS)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2012)
- Cardiothoracic and Transplantation registrar and fellow (Saint Vincent's Hospital Sydney, 2011-2012)
- Chef de Clinique Cardiothoracic Surgery and Transplantation (Centre Universitaire Hospitalier Rennes France 11/2012-12/2013)
- Consultant Cardiothoracic and Heart & Lung Transplant Surgeon (Royal Perth Hospital 1/2014-2015)
- Consultant Cardiothoracic and Heart & Lung Tranplant Surgeon (Fiona Stanley Hopsital Perth 2015- present)
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon (Mount Hospital Perth, Westrern Australia 2014- present)