Corporate Social Responsibility
As a leading provider of healthcare services to Western Australians, Hollywood Private Hospital has introduced a variety of initiatives that are benefiting many organisations and communities.
These initiatives truly reflect the Ramsay Health Care philosophy of 'people caring for people', and some are outlined below:
- For the past three years, Hollywood Private Hospital has sponsored a team of five Hollywood Specialists participating in the Hawaiian Ride for Youth in support of Youth Focus, a not for profit organisation which aims to prevent youth suicide. Hollywood Private Hospital CEO, Peter Mott, has participated in the CEO leg of the journey each year
- Hollywood Private Hospital has donated hospital beds and equipment to the newly built Nokor Tep Women's Hospital in Cambodia. The hospital will be vital to the delivery of much need health services.
- The catering department donates frozen meals to Food Rescue, a UnitingCare West program feeding disadvantaged people in WA. All food provided by Hollywood Private Hosptial is given to helping little hands, a charitable organisation supporting families of premature babies
- Hollywood Private Hospital's annual ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day services are attended by many patients, visitors, employees and members of the wider community
Hollywood Private Hospital has an Environmental and Waste Management Committee.
Eliminate unnecessary waste
Be responsive with waste disposal for example by recycling and our worm farm
Manage our water efficiency
Reduce all forms of energy consumption
- Maintain the Greening Hollywood Program. Since 2001, Hollywood has planted over 8500 native trees, shrubs and grasses withint the hospital grounds
- We have installed 27 bird boxes around the hospital site to encourage native bird activity within the area
- Maintain our TravelSmart Program. This is a hospital initiative encouraging staff to use alternative transport solutions
- Monitor, report and where possible, reduce all pollutants
- Comply with regulations and standards