When self-presenting at our emergency department, your first step is to go to the triage desk where one of our trained specialist emergency staff will assess your condition.
Everyone has different clinical needs in an emergency department, and we remind all our patients that they will be seen and attended to as quickly and efficiently as possible. However, you may not necessarily be seen in order of attendance. If someone else presents with a more serious condition and in greater clinical need, they will be seen first. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
To facilitate quicker and easier emergency care, please try to bring the following with you when self-presenting:
- Medicare card
- entitlement cards (Health Care, Pensioner Concession, Veterans, Safety Net)
- private health insurance details (if applicable)
- current medications
- X-rays/ultrasounds/scans that may be related to your condition
- GP details
- employment contact details if your condition is covered by Workers’ Compensation
- passport/health insurance details (for overseas visitors/students).