Coronary Care Unit
Hollywood Private Hospital's Coronary Care Unit is a high care environment which investigates and treats chronic and acute cardiac disease. The unit has nine beds and is supported by a 30-bed cardiology ward.
The unit has on-site 24 hour medical cover and is supported by an on-call team of specialists to ensure acute coronary syndromes can be treated at any time.
Tests available to patients include electrocardiography, echocardiogram, myocardial perfusion scan, cardiac MRI and CT angiogram.
Procedures conducted in the Coronary Care Unit include:
- Direct current cardioversion
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram
- Elective and acute percutaneous coronary intervention balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- Closure of patent foramen ovale
- Valvuloplasty and catheter ablation
Hollywood Private Hospital has the ability to undertake invasive haemodynamic monitoring, inotropic support, non-invasive ventilation and intra-aortic balloon pumping as required.